Heads up Displays or car HUD as it is otherwise known is a device that applies augmented reality to display real-time data on the windscreen. Hence maintaining a driver’s tunnel focus. Some few years ago, this technology was only for flashy cars, but nowadays, they are quickly spreading to the mainstream.
Data Displayed By HUDs
HUDs connect to your car’s OBD port, and through their digital transparent imaging technology, the same information on the dashboard reflects on your windscreen. Some of the vital information relayed include:
- Speed. This takes up the most significant portion of the vehicle HUD. If your car has cameras to read speed limits, then you can as well get the speed limit on the same side. This not only helps you to regulate the speed but also protects you from speed limit fines.
- Direction. If you have installed a satnav screen on your car, then direction arrows are displayed on the HUD screen for the car. You only see these arrows when you approach a bend or round-about.
- Temperature and voltage. It is essential for you to know your battery’s voltage and general temperature while driving, and the HUD has such a feature.
Entertainment. In some of the best car HUD models, you can see your radio station and the song playing as well displayed.
Types of HUDs
The HUDs come in two types. These are:
- Pop-up system/ combined HUD type. It is the cheapest and simplest type of HUD available in the market today. It comprises a small screen that emerges on the car’s dashboard directly in front of the driver.
- Projecting HUD. This is a more sophisticated and classy type of HUD. It comprises of a small device that is installed behind the speedometer on the upper side of the dashboard. This device projects the information some few meters along with the driver’s view hence ascertaining focus. You can adjust it to suit your position.
HUD is a wave to reckon with in the motor industry. Some countries are even considering to make it compulsory. These and many more reasons make it a perfect gift choice for any car owner who loves class and safety.
Arpenkin HUD X5 OBD2 3″ Universal Multi-Function Vehicle-Mounted Heads up Display for Cars Windshield Compatible with OBD II EOBD System Model Cars
Screen: 3 inch
Environment temperature: – 40C~ +80C
Ambient noise:below 60dB
Alarm of sound level:above 30dB(A)
Work voltage:9V~16Vdc (12Vdc/400mA)
Weight of product:40g
The major electronic components are consistent with ROSH standard
Meet 3C standards in China
1. Automatically apply to Honda, Toyota, Mercedes benz, Peugeot, Lexus, BMW, Nissan, Ford,
Audi, Volkswagen, Chrysler, Infiniti, Dodge, Jeep cars,
which can apply for cars in line with OBD II or EOBD (onboard automatic diagnostic system),
Plug and Play;
2. 3” screen and high-definition display;
3. Multi-color design makes the screen more abundant and easier to read;
4. The use of nano-technology to eliminate unwanted reflections and can make display information more sharper;
5. Comprehensive display, HUD can display many parameters at the same time,
as follows, speed, engine speed, water temperature, battery voltage, low voltage alarm,
high temperature alarm, speed alarm, free switching between kilometer
and mile, free switching between C and F;
6. Auto power on and off with vehicle started and shutdown, effective protection of the car battery;
while retaining the manual switch mode, and more easy to control HUD;
7. Automatic and manual brightness adjustment mode, driving without glare;
1 x HUD
1 x OBD Cable
1 x Reflecting Film
1 x Anti-slip Pad
1 x English User Manual
AUTOLOVER A8 5.5 inch OBD II Car Windshield HUD Head Up Display with Speed Fatigue Warning RPM MPH Fuel Consumption
1,Several car brand or model with cover in OBD infterface,it may not close the cover after connect the HUD plug.
2,For this,you can push the snap of white OBD interface in,see picture.
3,Then you can connect the HUD plug inside and you can close the cover now,fixed the interfaces in certain position
1. Automatically adapt to the automobile models with OBD II (Bus Automatic Diagnostic System) interface. Check if it has the automobile diagnostic socket under the steering wheel.
2. Identify the car’s 16-pin diagnostic socket, connecting the OBD II cable to the 16-pin diagnostic socket if it has this socket.
3. Put the non-slip pad onto the instrument pane, then put HUD on the non-slip pad, you can adjust the angle.
4. The reflective film may be affixed to the forward position of HUD and stick to the front windshield, ensuring that the information, such as car speed can be projected to the reflective film.
5.Warm Note: This item is not compatible with European / American cars manufactured before 2003 or Asian cars manufactured before 2007. Please notice it.
6. Working temperature: -40 – 80 Deg.C
LeaningTech Original Digital Universal Car HUD GPS Speedometer Overspeed Alarm Windshield Project for All Vehicle
Leaning Tech Original Digital Universal Car Head Up Display GPS Speedometer
The world’s first device for your car that lets you Look Forward while Staying Connected. Navdy’s advanced Augmented Reality display projects all the information you need as a transparent image over the road ahead so you’ll never miss a turn again or the information that matters most.
Kivic HUD 2nd Generation Head Up Display – Stay Connected Smartphone of iOS & Android with Time, Vehicle Speed, Text Message, Incoming Calls, Various Map through Your Windshield – made in Korea
Kivic SM HUD beams the various contents on the roads in front of the driver by connecting with Android based Smartphones and iPhones wirelessly.
Hence, the driver can check the information such as the time, vehicle speed, test, incoming call and GPS information while driving.
Kivic SM HUD is a must-have item for safe driving to make the driver focus to the front road without handling the smartphone.
XYCING Car HUD Heads Up Display 5.8 inch OBD Digital Speedometer Windshield Projector OBD2 Vehicle Speed Dashboard Display MPH, RPM, Fuel Consumption, Speed Alarm, Water Temperature, Voltage, Mileage
HUD short for Head Up Display. It displays driving datas on the front windshield such as speed, RPM, fuel consumption, water temperature, voltage etc on the car front window glass; avoiding drivers unsafety because of watching the instrument while driving. Drivers can read the driving information instantly , and can always keep the best state on the way with HUD.