If someone close to you owns a home garage and you are planning to gift them, you can consider repainting their garage’s floor. It may seem like a small upgrade, but with the right paint and professional painter, it’s a good investment.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Paint
Here are some of the factors to consider when selecting the paint.
- Overall look. The final look is an important consideration to make before buying the paint. Ensure that you adequately research the color shades before purchasing the paint. While still considering the preference of the person you want to gift.
- Toughness. This depends on how often the garage is in use. If the garage is not used commonly, then you can go for a less robust paint, which is cheaper. However, if it’s a busy garage, you need paint that can last longer.
- Heating. If you park a car in the garage on a scorching day, the tires generate some heat to the floor, hence interfering with its adhesiveness, making the floor less durable.
Types of Garage Floor Paint
There are three basic types of garage floor paints around. They include:
- Standard paint. As the name suggests, this is the most basic type of floor paint. It is affordable and has different color options.
- Epoxy paint. This consists of the primary type of paint but has a mixture of epoxy in it. This makes it more onerous than the standard variety.
- 2-part epoxy kit. Consists of polyamine hardener and epoxy resin, hence its common name two-part kit. This is the toughest of all garage floor painting types.
Benefits of Garage Floor Painting
- Prevents dust. Bear concrete produces and attracts dirt, making it unfit for your general health and hygiene. However, this problem is curbed by garage floor painting.
- Safeguards the floor. Some of the emissions from cars can be destructive to open concrete. Hence painting is needed to protect the floor.
- Elegance. Painting the floor makes your garage look more beautiful, especially if you get the right color shade.
Be on the lookout for the best garage floor paint to ensure durability.
Rust-Oleum EPOXY Shield Professional Floor Coating strengthens and protects shops and other commercial concrete surfaces. Apply for excellent wear, impact and abrasion resistance to heavy foot and vehicle traffic. Kit includes 2-part solvent-based epoxy coating, Decorative Color Chips and detailed instructions.
Drylok, Gallon, Dover Gray, Concrete Floor Paint, Specially Formulated To Protect & D Beautify Interior & Exterior Masonry Floors, Garage Floors, Patios, Sidewalks, Concrete Steps, Wooden Surfaces, Trim In Homes & Industries, Perfect For Decorative Concrete Stenciling, Outperforms Ordinary Floor Paint Under Traffic, Washings, Weather, Acids & Alkalis.
Valspar Premium Clear Coating Kit is a water-based two-component epoxy that provides a coating 2X stronger than concrete for the toughest floor in one coat. This extreme epoxy formula is fortified with advanced bonding technology to provide superior adhesion and durability. It beautifies and protects with a durable glossy finish that protects against damage from hot tires, gasoline, oil and wear-and-tear.
Garage Floor Coating Kit.
KILZ L377611 1-Part Epoxy Acrylic Interior/Exterior Concrete and Garage Floor Paint, Satin, Silver Gray, 1-Gallon, 1 Gallon, 4 l
A good concrete floor paint is highly durable, easy to clean and won’t scuff, fade, crack or blister easily, even from hot tires and other heavy activity. This single component, water-based floor paint is formulated to last in hard to clean areas like basements and garages. It’s resistant to staining and damage from chemicals, Oil and gasoline. Use this high-durability floor paint on coated or uncoated concrete, masonry, stone and brick. This paint is ideal on high-traffic surfaces such as garage floors, basements, driveways and porches. KILZ concrete floor paint delivers a satin finish that applies smoothly and evenly to floors and horizontal surfaces. Dries to touch in 2 hours. Recoat in 4 hours. Not intended for vertical surfaces. This is a 1-Gallon can of KILZ 1-part epoxy Acrylic interior/exterior concrete and garage floor paint in Silver Gray with a Satin finish. Ideal for use on new and uncoated concrete or masonry surfaces or painted, stained or sealed concrete. 1 Gallon of KILZ Concrete & Garage Floor Paint covers 400-500 square feet on smooth surfaces and 300-400 square feet on rough surfaces. KILZ has been making premium primers and paints for 40 years. KILZ was named Paint Brand of the Year in 2015 in the Harris Poll EquiTrend Rankings.